Monday, September 14, 2009

Return of the Poet/Writer (I think)

I never really got off to a great start last time. I was limiting myself to my poetry - already written and that seemed to blunt any creative writing of any sort.
Here's to an end to that and, a new beginning!
Recently, one of our local TV stations went off air. It wasn't making enough money for its owners. Oh dear!
For some while I have been disenchanted with the quality of news we receive. It seems as tho' the newspapers and networks simply want to write a script and deliver it. We should be happy with that - right? NOT! At least I'm not. This has led me to search for more authentic and independent alternatives to get news. Its amazing what is 'out there'. It seems that I am not alone in wanting to know what's really happening, both locally, nationally and internationally. I take comfort in that and I intend to keep searching out new sources. Who knows? I might be able to actively participate in some of the newsletters and papers appearing in my community! I might even meet some interesting people too!

No comments:

Post a Comment